Join the team as a Web Developer
We are looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our development team here at DG New Media. Your responsibilities will include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building modular components. We provide a relaxed but professional working atmosphere where our staff feel at ease to express ideas and work together as a functioning team.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
Why work for us?
We are a friendly, family-run business that has was established in 2000. Our office is based in Weston-super-Mare, which means that if you’re used to a long commute you could save both time and money by working with us!
We are offering a competitive salary and a flexible contract with many benefits.
We strive to use the most up to date with cutting edge technology which means that we evolve with the times, keeping work interesting.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with stakeholders and team members
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and other components
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot possible UX issues
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images (WCAG/W3C)
Requirements for this position:
- Web Design, Computer Science, relevant qualifications or 5 years’ experience
- Proven work experience in UX/UI or similar role
- Portfolio of web design projects
- Knowledge of wireframing tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Knowledge of popular CMS frameworks (Sitecore and Umbraco would be preferable however training will be provided).
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit and strong communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- 24 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Health care options
- Generous lunch break
- Flexible working hours
- Ongoing Training
- Ample free car parking
- Position: Full time
- Hours: 9-5 Monday to Friday
If you meet our requirements, then we would love to hear from you!
Please email us for more information and to express your interest at email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: 30th November 2019
Important Notice for Recruitment Agencies: NO CV applications from agencies.
Although the company is grateful for your interest in this recruitment campaign, please understand that DG Newmedia Ltd does not wish to be overwhelmed by CVs supplied by agencies without prior agreement as evidenced by an authorised agency supply agreement. In the event that any agency should choose to forward one or more CVs without entering into such an agreement then the agency acknowledges that DG Newmedia Ltd will incur no obligation or liability whatsoever in regard to any terms, conditions fees or similar or otherwise as offered or requested by the agency in relation to such CV applications.